· All days beginning August 12 are work days, except weekends or days designated as holidays.
· Professional development days are non-instructional days.
· Includes 178 instructional days: 41, 43, 45, 49. Attendance quarters may be adjusted at the discretion of the Superintendent.
· Seven of ten required PD days (42 hours) are built into this calendar: 5 specified days and 2 embedded days. The embedded days will be 8 sessions (4 each semester) of 1.5 hours each to be announced by the principal. The remaining 3 contracted days must be attained by participation in a minimum of 18 hours of PD during the summer or other non-instructional days.
· Includes five (5) inclement weather days.
· At the discretion of the Superintendent, the January 17 Martin Luther King Holiday, the February 21 President's Day Holiday, the May 30 Memorial Day Holiday, and/or Spring Break will be used as inclement weather make-up day(s), making that/those day(s) instructional day(s).
· If necessary and at the discretion of the Superintendent, the following options will also be considered as inclement weather make-up days: (1) the school year will be extended; (2) classes will be scheduled on Saturdays.